• Music therapy reduces depression among older adults
• Music experiences can be structured to enhance social/emotional skills, to assist in recall and language skills and to decrease problem behaviors
• Music is effective in decreasing the frequency of agitated and aggressive behaviors for individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease and related dementia.
• Individuals in the late stages of dementia respond to and interact with music
American Music Therapy Association website: www.musictherapy.org
Featuring Music from:
* the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s
* Classic Sing-a-longs
* Broadway Favorites
* Jazz Standards
Mudra meaning “seal” or “closure” in Sanskrit are hand gestures to direct the flow of energy within the body. This fun and easy practice is often incorporated into the meditations. They allow us to dive in just a bit deeper while working on mind/body coordination.
Mandala, means “circle” in Sanskrit and metaphorically a universe, environment or community.
Quality quiet time coloring these beautiful drawings is another superb anti-stress tool to facilitate mediation.